Thursday, 12/31/2015 – 168.5 – [ 159.2 ] = 9.3 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 0.8 lbs lost since yesterday
10,071 steps on pedometer. 3.34 miles. 1 hour + 40 minutes on treadmill.
Awoke early. R wakes up late (8:45am); annoys her grandmother
(Email) – from H. Offers to room with R after college. Also talked about Bryn Mawr spring invoice.
(Work) – Opted to use 6 hours of personal time for today + 2 hours holiday from Dr. Hopkins.
(@10:15am) – Reported missing New York Times newspaper. Website temporarily unavailable.
(@10:30am) – R taking Duff II for a walk.
(@10:45am) – 30 minutes on treadmill. 3234 steps / 1.07 miles / 33 minutes.
(Errands) – Milk, orange juice, dog and cat food, kitty litter, detergent,
(@11:29am) – Mom resting her eyes.
(@11:30am-3:30pm) – Running errands with R. Tried to go to El Cerrito Recycling – closed! Target – super long lines – …. to Marshalls (wallet for H) … tried to go to KFC (EBMUD crew on site) …. then home.
(@3:30pm) – Mom took a bath – very cold. Needs to eat more protein. To burn calories and stay warm.
Wednesday, 12/30/2015 – 168.5 – [ 160 ] = xx lbs lost since Jan 2011 – xx lbs lost since yesterday
** Pedometer reading = 10,025 steps / 3.32 miles / 107 minutes **
Mailed PG&E rebate paperwork.
Albany post office – 2 books mailed + rebate. No line.
CVS – Purchased non-fragrance soap to mitigate melasma.
(Dinner) – Mom cooks delicious brisket – cubed with tendons in Chinese hot pot.
Tuesday, 12/29/2015 – 168.5 – [ 157.4 ] = 11.1 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 1.4 lbs lost since yesterday
** Pedometer reading = 3941 steps / 1.3 miles / 40 minutes **
(7:00am) – Awoke. Weigh in @157.4!! Thank you Richard Simmons!!
(2pm) – LG washing machine delivered. Great team effort. Luis (delivery guy) agreed to install the new washer on the old LG base unit. Fortunate we still had the original screws from 10 years ago.
(Kaiser) – Successfully made appt with Cosmetic Dermatology in Walnut Creek. Will see me Tuesday, 1/5 at 11:45am.
Monday, 12/28/2015 – 168.5 – [ 158.8 ] = 9.7 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 0.8 lbs lost since yesterday
** Pedometer reading = 7396 steps / 2.45 miles / 73 minutes **
(5:30am) – Awoke. Weigh in 158.8 lbs. Back on track; though still have 20 lbs to go. Covered R who had lost her blankets during restless sleep. Took Duff out; still he does poop in the kitchen! Coffee. Chicken-boiled. Moved Honda CR-V to street parking to make way for Best Buy delivery of LG washer on Tuesday.
(6am) – Clocked in. TouroOne portal. 6am to 2pm today.
Emailed Deshon, Dean Matsumoto and Dr. Goldsmith – Jan 6, 13 (lasik surgery) + Jan 14 – Jury duty.
Completed one online training course for Touro; having difficulty with the 2nd course.
(Errands) – Albany post office; shorter line – mailed 7-packages + mailed property taxes. Drove to Best Buy in Pinole to confirm LG washing machine delivery tomorrow (12-2pm); bought wireless Sony DVD-Blue-Ray player so I can do fitness DVDs in the living-room.
(7pm) – R and I do 2-hours of Richard Simmons workouts. Love the disco workout.
(10:07pm) – Shockingly sad story. Makes me wonder about K. Lead singer of the metal band Motorhead is dead at 70; 2 days after being diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3376979/Legendary-rocker-Lemmy-Kilmeister-dies-aged-70.html
Sunday, 12/27/2015 – 168.5 – [ 159.6 ] = 8.9 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 1.9 lbs gained since yesterday
** Pedometer reading = 1652 steps / 0.55 miles / 17 minutes **
(8am) – Awoke naturally. Massive headaches persist. Weight gain due to eating icecream cake.
(11am) – Took Duff to puppy play at PetCo; no one showed up – cancelled. Duff gets a dog oreo cookie from a delighted clerk.
(1pm) – Activated replacement HTC One smart phone.
(Favorite quote) – “I believe music should be an event,” Adele said. “For me, all albums that come out, I’m excited about leading up to release day. I don’t use streaming. I buy my music. I download it, and I buy a physical [copy] just to make up for the fact that someone else somewhere isn’t. It’s a bit disposable, streaming.” Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2659682/adele-talks-why-she-turned-down-spotify/#ocZPyHzuFQlUWKh7.99
(4:30pm) – Dinner. Eggs on rice w/sausages.
(5:08pm) – Watching PBS series Father Brown Mysteries. Wish I could teleport.
(6:00pm) – Watched Miss Fischer’s Murder Mysteries on PBS.
(6:51pm) – “For now, we believe wearables can be our companions, but the early signs of a technology
takeover are there, questioning the sustainability of the current relationship. Whether we want to or not, we are slowly, but steadily, transforming into a new human species. Enter: homo cyberneticus.”
Saturday, 12/26/2015 – 168.5 – [ 158.0 ] = 10.5 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 0.2 lbs gained since yesterday
** Pedometer reading = 2863 steps / 0.95 miles / 30 minutes **
Weigh-in – 158 lbs. A bit disappointing. But I did not exercise yesterday.
Spoke to LG repair man; given that our washing machine is 10 years old – he recommended we purchase a new machine.
(Afternoon) – R and I go shopping for a new washing machine. Bought a LG washing machine @Best Buy, Pinole, CA. $736.00. Put on R’s Chase VISA card for $150 rebate, will also get $150 rebate from PG&E. Scheduled to be delivered next Tuesday.
(2pm) – Long line at the Albany post office. Mailed 3 books; worked the door for a little while. Saw Eve.
(PM) – Ate two pieces of ice cream cake.
Friday, 12/25/2015 – 168.5 – [ 157.8 ] = 10.7 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 0.6 lbs lost since yesterday
** Pedometer reading = 1059 steps / 0.35 miles / 12 minutes **
(@6:30am) – Awoke naturally. Super frigid in the house.
(@8:51am) – Article – Penpals & the true meaning of Christmas – http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/22/my-80-year-old-penpal-helped-me-realise-the-true-meaning-of-christmas-5580083/
(Sad news) – http://journalism.berkeley.edu/news/2015/dec/24/uc-berkeley-journalism-teacher-and-new-media-pione/
(Article) – Why We Need to see Death and Decay – http://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2015/dec/18/why-we-all-need-to-see-death-and-decay
(Quotation) – “Research by the University of Kent and the Association for Psychological Science indicates that “thinking about mortality in a more personal and authentic manner may make (people) think more about what they value in life.” This philosophy even gave rise to Korean Funeral therapy which was very recently in the news again.”
(Comment) – From The Guardian (UK) – Comment regarding spending Christmas alone – Guardian Pick
“To all those spending Christmas alone. Particularly those who perhaps wish they weren’t. Have a lovely day and treat yourself. If you’re having trouble making friends yr not alone in that respect. I had a period of my life where anxiety issues were so severe I wouldn’t see anybody. Those were very lonely times indeed. I wish you all the best”
(@8:45pm) – Off to bed. Pedometer = 1059 steps / 0.35 miles
Thursday, 12/24/2015 – 168.5 – [ 158.4 ] = 10.1 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 0.8 lbs lost since yesterday
** Pedometer reading = 5275 steps / 1.75 miles / 55 minutes **
Awoke naturally @7:04am.
(Feeling) – Super tired.
(@8:00am) – Spoke to Mom; she just wants R to have choices.
(@8:42am) – R up.
Day of intermittent rain showers. Errands run with R – Last package mailed from Albany post office; no line. Wished Marta well for the holidays …. Kaiser Pinole to pick up prescription; saw student Amrit Bains! … Music Works, Richmond (exchanged ukulele books) …. Grocery Outlet ($1.99 bacon!), Bev Mo and home.
R takes Duff for a walk ….
Working on Common App to transfer ….
Purchased music notation software – TablEdit v2.75 for Windows ($59.95). Hoping to transpose music for R on the ukulele.
(@6:28pm) – Happiness is receiving a message from Ted to Rosemary. Math equations.
(Dinner) – Quiche, sweet potatoes, chili, stir fry broccoli
(@8pm) – Finished 38 minutes on treadmill. Watching NCIS. 5275 steps / 1.75 miles / 55 minutes total for the day.
(9:53pm) – Nice article about a Touro College of Pharmacy student – http://www.timesheraldonline.com/general-news/20151224/former-touro-student-returned-to-vallejo-to-open-pharmacy
Wednesday, 12/23/2015 – 168.5 – [ 159.2 ] = 9.3 lbs lost since Jan 2011
** Pedometer reading = 3145 steps / 1.04 miles / 33 minutes **
Awoke at 1:45am and at 4:30pm. Forced myself to return to bed. Awoke at 8:00am.
Weigh in @159.2 lbs; a little disappointing to have gained 1 lb; though my stomach area is noticeably reduced.
(Touro New York) in contact regarding my TouroOne account.
(@8:30am) – Mom’s computer display on the commerce computer not working; switched out some power cords.
(@11am) – Post-op dental appointment at Berkeley Oral Surgery. Heating pad, syringe to rinse her mouth, mouthwash diluted, medication ….
(@2pm) – B visits Music Works in Richmond to buy ukulele picks and books; purchased electric Fluke solid body tenor ukulele. Owner reveals she is closing the business; her husband is dying from esophageal cancer (WAKE UP CALL!). What are the changes I would learn this?
(BCPM News) – Tenants at 1990 Berryman give notice. Moving out 31-January-2016. BCPM eager to rent. Believe they can get $5000+ per month due to rising Berkeley rents. Reminder – Iron staining on side of the house must be fixed.
(@1:55pm) – Access to TouroOne fixed.
(@2pm) – Pedometer = 1973 steps / 0.65 miles.
Mom writing cheques. Will send R to Wells Fargo to make a deposit to cover property taxes due.
(@End of day) – 3145 steps / 1.04 miles / 33 minutes for the day
Tuesday, 12/22/2015 – 168.5 – [ 158.2 ] = 10.3 lbs lost since Jan 2011
(@3:45am) – Awoke naturally. Put myself back to bed.
(@6:08am) – Now awake. Weigh in at 158.2. Slow weight loss.
(@7:00am) – Breakfast: steamed cabbage, canned mackerel in tomato sauce, black coffee. Trying not to put milk in my coffee (due to extra carbs)
(@7:34am) – More cleaning in H’s room; feel like I am making good progress with R’s help.
(@7:37am) – (15) extended arm lifts w/(2) 3 lb weights while standing – H’s room. Difficult.
(@9:02am) – Made post-surgery appt w/Berkeley Oral Surgery for tomorrow @11am.
(@9:15am) – B carries Luxo magnifier lamp downstairs in hopes of giving Mom some relief for her eyes.
(Touro news) – Early leave of 2 hours given for 12/24.
(@9:28am) – R orders refill of Retin-A. Ready for pickup at Pinole Pharmacy – Thursday, 12/24 after 12 noon. Relieved.
(@9:35am) – (25) standing bicept curls w/(2) 3 lb weights while standing – H’s room. Felt okay. Still a struggle.
(@9:40am) – R takes Duff for a walk.
(@9:46am) – (10) side arm extensions w/(2) 3 lb weights while standing – H’s room. Tough. Weak arms.
(@10am) – (20) minutes on the treadmill. Watched NCIS on Netflix. 2.5 to 2.8 mph. 2429 steps / 0.80 miles.
(@11am) – US Post Office, Albany + Thai lunch w/R. Bought magnifiers from Barnes & Noble for Grannie. Handheld magnifier is the best.
(@2pm) – Returned unused page magnifiers to Barnes & Noble. Refunded credit card – $25.00
(@3:15pm) – Pedometer 3413 steps / 1.13 miles
(@3:38pm) – (50) over the head stretches/lifts w/weighted bar + (25) weighted bar lifts while lying on the floor. – Livingroom
(@4:30pm) – R investigating ways I can exercise while watching television.
(@4:40pm) – (100) seated bicept curls w/(2) 3 lb weights + (20) over the head tricept arm exercises w/6 lbs of weight
(@7:55pm) – R practices her finger picking on the Fluke ukulele.
Sang Scarborough Fair w/Rosemary playing the ukulele.
(@9:23pm) – Heading off to bed. Watching NCIS and reading Mandolin for Dummies book. Pedometer = 3835 steps / 1.27 miles / 40 minutes.
Monday, 12/21/2015 – 168.5 – [ 158.6 ] = 9.9 lbs lost since Jan 2011
(@3:30am) – Awoke naturally. Went back to bed …. awoke well rested at 7:45am.
(@7:45am) – Weigh in at 158.6 – 0.2 lbs lost since yesterday
(@7:51am) – (10) seated bicept curls w/(2) 5 lb weights – on the bed
(@9:45am) – R and I depart home to meet Ted at Bay Street to see the 11am showing of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Mixed feelings about the movie. Ted was very sweet to the two of us. Spoke about Flipper; seems to be in high demand like Dead Kennedys – yet must be mindful of the individual schedules of the lead singer & bass player. I wish him well. R is also charmed by him.
(@6pm) – Leftovers for dinner. Duff does poop on stairs. R takes Duff for a walk when the rain has lessened.
(@8:05pm) – 15 minutes on treadmill @2.5 miles per hour. Pedometer = 3069 steps / 1.02 miles.
(@9:15pm) – (50) bicept curls – w/(2) 5 lb weights. In bed.
Sunday, 12/20/2015 – 168.5 – [ 158.8 ] = 9.7 lbs lost since Jan 2011
(@5:30am) – Awoke naturally.
(@5:48am) – Wonderful article about “Mr Typewriter” – http://www.chestnuthilllocal.com/2015/12/18/turn-back-the-clock-typewriter-man-now-in-mt-airy/
(@8:15am) – (100) over the head lifts with weighted exercise bar – living room. Pedometer @65 steps.
(@8:30am) – R wakes up. Taking a bubble bath.
(@8:35am) – (10) standing bicept curls w/(2) 5 lb weights – upstairs foyer.
(@9am) – Started to clean Heather’s room with Rosemary’s help. Very helpful to have her helping me.
(12 noon) – Verizon appt w/Hendrick. Best news. Manager intervention. Sending a brand new HTC One M7 phone (replacement); will see him next Sunday @11am to transfer Rosemary’s phone. No charge.
(@5:20pm) – (50) seated bicept curls w/(2) 5 lb weights – sitting on coach in the livingroom.
(@7pm) – B steps in Duff poop – upstairs. Frustrating.
(@7:24pm) – (20) – 10 on each side – dumbell side bend (obliques) – p.191 – w/a 5 lb weight.
(@7:32pm) – (10) Warm-Up (Dumbbell Swing-Through (Most Large Muscle Groups) – p.192 w/a 5 lb. weight..
(@7:42pm) – (10) Hip Rolls (Obliques) – p.197 w/a weighted bar
(@10pm) – Pedometer – 2208 steps / 0.73 miles
Saturday, 12/19/2015 – 168.5 – [ ?? ]
(@8:30am) – Awoke. A bit tired. Busy day ahead.
(@12 noon) – Took R to see Hendrick. Confusion with appointment; rescheduled for Sunday. Sabrina (most kind!) swaps out SIM card in our two HTC One phones; Used Verizon transfer tool to move data. R now has options to upgrade -or- stay with the HTC One.
(@3pm) – Drove to Best Buy in Pinole to see options in regards to a replacement PC laptop. Saw the Surface Book (gorgeous); opted for a Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 14, i5 w/256 SSD. $999. $1500 w/tax
(@6pm) – Hammacher Schlemmer package arrives. <3 Microabrasion tool. Uncertain about the eye tool. May return.
3101 steps / 1.03
Friday, 12/18/2015 – 168.5 – [ 158.4 ] = 10.1 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 0.2 lbs lost since yesterday
(@6am) – Awoke naturally. Tired, but feeling okay.
No time for exercise today. Ate of piece of ice-cream cake.
(@6:22am) – Adele – a once in a generation artist. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/how-adele-owned-2015-in-just-two-months-20151217?page=5
(@6:23am) – Love Ed Sheeran. http://www.mtv.com/news/2084071/ed-sheeran-songs/?xrs=s.wb_rs
(@9am) – Administered Track 2 Block C P1/P2 exams. Dr. McCormick, Dr. Mookerjee. P1 student had her car stolen …. fortunately came to campus 30 minutes early so could be accommodated. P1 student Corina Fontelera arrived at 9:09am; running late – contacted Dr. Young via text.
3846 steps / 1.27
Thursday, 12/17/2015 – 168.5 – [ 158.6 ] = 9.9 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 0.2 lbs lost since yesterday
(@8am) – Monitoring T1 Block C exams from home.
1435 steps / 0.48 miles
Rosemary’s wisdom teeth surgery – 1pm. Copay – $99
(Work) – Track 1 Block C P1/P2 exams. Dr. Lopes, Dr. Keppler. Will monitor exams from home.
Wednesday, 12/16/2015 – 168.5 – [ 158.8 ] = 9.7 lbs lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 0.8 lbs lost since yesterday
2828 steps / 0.94 miles
(5) squats with (2) 2 lb weights
(100) weighted bar chest presses (lying on the floor) w/gentle situps w/knees bent
(15) bicept curls (seated on couch) with (2) 3 lbs weights
Free weight exercises
(6:25am) – Awoke naturally.
(6:55am – Weigh in – 158.8 lbs.
(7:08am) – Headache. Maybe too much weight loss. Dietary changes? Concerned about how ugly I have become; noticeable. Not sure what will happen as I lose more weight. ….
Campus study day – working from home.
(8:30am) – Took (3) Ibuprofen. Chicken soup for breakfast.
(11am) – Received HTC One Rugged case(s) from Amazon Marketplace dealer.
(12:31pm) – Called Verizon at 800-922-0204 to cancel SamSung Tab 2 service. Recommended I do this on Saturday, 12/19 to avoid early termination fees of $60.
(2:30pm) – Meet Rosemary at Daimo; met her friend Nat & his father Fez. Very nice.
(5pm) – Brought Panda Express chinese takeout home for dinner. Stayed up until 3am talking with R. Wept over Duff. Discussed college plans.
2828 steps / 0.94
Tuesday, 12/15/2015 – 168.5 – [ 159.6 ] = 8.9 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 0.8 lbs since yesterday
Diagnosis – depression. Feeling okay. Tearful.
@9:46pm – 2827 steps / 0.94 miles / 28 minutes
(0) squats with (2) 2 lb weights
(110) weighted bar chest presses (lying on the floor) w/gentle situps w/knees bent
(20) bicept curls (seated on couch) with (2) 3 lbs weights
@5:51am – Weigh in = 159.6 lbs !!!
(4:45am) – Woke up naturally. 7 hours of solid sleep.
(5:13am) – Responded to a student who is requesting a seat accommodation. 12:37am e-mail.`
(5:33am) – Rosemary announces she has a boyfriend.
(AM) – Early departure for campus. Ideally pre-7am. Arrived @8am.
(9am) – Administer Track 4 Block C exams to 210 students; need to meet with 42 students for T4 assessment removal; seating chart posted at 8:35am (late); P2 student had problem w/computer
(10am) – Gifted (2) tomato hats to a P2 student expecting twins. Gifted a pumpkin hat to Dr. Kirkpatrick
(9:50am) – Email from Andy Mason ; request for guidance regarding domain registration; will look into that – after exams.
(10:07am) – Linda and Andy expecting in February 2016! Will send them a gift. Andy chooses a blueberry hat.
(1-2pm) – Employee training for new payroll time-sheet system. Room 118 – Library building. Did not attend. Watched video training & downloaded 25 page PDF directions. Now awaiting credentials from Touro New York. This Friday will be the last day using the LATS system; transitioning to Banner.
(On Health) – Is your face “puffy”, as opposed to being fat? Puffiness can be caused by poor nutrition, salty foods, lack of sleep, alcohol or drug intake, lack of exercise, etc.
Monday, 12/14/2015 – 168.5 – [ 160.4 ] = 8.1 lbs lost since Jan 2011 – 0.2 lbs lost since yesterday
- @9:48am / 3016 steps / 1.03 mile / 31 minutes / 0 minutes on treadmill
- (20) squats with (2) 2 lb weights
- (100) weighted bar chest presses (lying on the floor) w/gentle situps w/knees bent
- (100) bicept curls (seated on couch) with (2) 3 lbs weights
- (5am) – Awoke naturally. Bubble bath. Weighed in @160.4 lbs. Had hoped for more.
- (9am) – Administer Track 3 Block C exams to 210 students; need to meet with 42 students for T4 assessment removal.
- (12:30pm) – Assisted Dr. M with previewing an ExamSoft assessment; required re-installation of SofTest.
- Talked with Dr. Ellerby over assessment concerns.
- (12:45pm) – Talked with Dean Matsumoto; Dean’s Chocolate List; exam concerns.
- (1:30pm) – Left campus for home. Picked Mom up and went to Ranch 99 to do some grocery shopping. Found the store under-stocked; no brisket.
- (3:15pm) – Albany post office with Mom; long line.
- (4:47pm) – Happiness is receiving a text message from Heather; asks for our holiday cookie recipes as she would like to bake peanut butter cookies for Chris & his family.
- (6:28pm) – Received more test results from Kaiser.
- 3104 steps
Sunday, 12/13/2015 – 168.5 – [ 160.6 ] = 7.9 lbs lost since Jan 2011
- @7:55 pm / 79 minutes on treadmill / 7086 steps / 2.35 miles
- (10) kitchen counter pushups
- (50) weighted bar bicept curls
- (100) weighted bar chest presses (lying on the floor)
- (30) squats with (2) 3 lb weights
- (60) squats with (2) 2 lb weights
- (40) bicept curls (seated on couch) with (2) 3 lbs weights
- Awoke naturally @5:43am. Weigh in @160.6 lbs / 38.5% body fat. A concern. 6 hours of solid sleep. Ellie sleeping at the end of my bed. Mom & Duff not yet up. Eerily quiet outside; no rain yet. 2 inches of rain expected + 40-50 mph winds on the coast.
- (Info) – “Increased facial adiposity [fat content] is associated with a compromised immune system, poor cardiovascular function, frequent respiratory infections and mortality. So, even a small decrease can improve one’s health.”
- (Info) – For women between age 20 and 40, 19% to 26% body fat is generally good to excellent. For women age 40+ to 60+, 23% to 30% is considered good to excellent. For men between age 20 and 40, 10% to 20% body fat is generally good to excellent. For men age 40+ to 60+, 19% to 23% is considered good to excellent.
- (Family) – Mom woke up cheery. A few memory issues; asks when R is coming home. Thought it was Monday not Sunday. Reminded me to get petrol for the car (but I went earlier in the day & had told her). Concerned. ….
- (Work) – Queried ExamSoft database to check on the status of the Triple Jump grading; making progress
- (12:30pm) – Beautiful article. How I would like to die – http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/health/2015/12/12/life-well-ended/76793038/
- (12:48pm) – Brave article. Photographing while fat – http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34967928
- (1:15pm) – Accidentally cut Duff w/trimming scissors. Fashioned a bandage for his arm.
- (5:20pm) – Article of menopausal fat – http://www.everydayhealth.com/menopause-pictures/ways-to-beat-menopausal-belly-fat.aspx
- (8:12pm) – How much weight do you have to lose before someone notices? – http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-much-weight-must-you-lose-before-people-notice/
- (To Do) – Need to buy gas. Take a bath, pack for work, work on taxes, college financial aid for R.
Saturday, 12/12/2015 – 161.8 lbs
- 12,192 steps / 134 minutes / 1 hour, 54 minutes on the treadmill.
- Awoke naturally @5:30am. Going to sleep at 11:30pm. Right shoulder pain. Took 4-Ibuprofen.
- Weighed in @161.8. Discouraging. Must persevere. Pedometer reading at end of day = 12,192 steps / 4.04 miles / 134 minutes. 90 minutes on the treadmill today. Started early. Took a bad fall – foot got stuck in the dog gate; fell on both knees carrying dinner dishes. Scared Duff. Iced knees, then did 40 minutes on the treadmill @2.2 mph.
- Watched a Christmas Carole (1935) on Netflix. “I wear the chains I forged in life.”
- (Family) – Received nice email from R. Worked in garden; finished cleaning up wind damage; put up blue tarp for Duff & the impending rain storms.
- (Work) – More emails about COP blog; initiated by Dr. Madden; pharmacy job opportunities sent to Dr. Sasaki-Hill.
- (Sad) – Death of a kind person who befriended & helped us at Chatham Univ. R received the news from Hannah. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/postgazette/obituary.aspx?n=sharon-sloan-lewis-sommer&pid=176862639
Friday, 12/11/2015 – 160.6 lbs
- 10,096 steps / approx. 3.5 miles / 90 minutes
- HEALTH – Weigh in @160.6 lbs. Ate low-carb. Pedometer = 10,096 (approx. 3.5 miles). Logged 90 minutes on the treadmill. Thinking about what H said; must add cardio routine to the mix. Need to go back to the Richard Simmons & Carmen Electra DVD fitness tapes.
- FAMILY – Awoke to find the house & backyard garden in disarray. Overnight storms – blew out a living room window & topped items in the garden. Broken watering can in front. Fern fell off steps.
- Berkeley Orinda Oral Surgery called; Joseph confirms that dental insurance will cover the $2100 cost for Rosemary’s wisdom teeth extraction; copay is $99. Such good news.
- WORK –
Thursday, 12/10/2015 – 160.4 lbs
- SLEEP –
- HEALTH – Day 6/150 off Facebook; feeling more relaxed
- FAMILY –
- Mom – short term memory loss; over feeding the dog (double meal).
- @2pm – Took Duff to get a bath at Pet Food Express in Berkeley.
- WORK – Study day on campus; P1 students take OSCE
Wednesday, 12/9/2015 – 160.8 lbs
- Paid by credit card online.
- WORK –
Tuesday, 12/8/2015 – 159.2 lbs
- SLEEP –
- HEALTH –
- FAMILY –
- WORK –
Monday, 12/7/2015 – 158.2 lbs
- 11:30am – Kaiser Pinole appt. Therapist. Offered psychiatric services at Kaiser Richmond. Diagnosed with depression. Will start with a January evening class; Wednesday nights at 6:30pm.
- Mom’s 80th birthday. Bought an ice-cream cake from Grocery Outlet.
Sunday, 12/6/2015 –
Saturday, 12/5/2015 –
Friday, 12/4/2015 –
- 50 minutes on the treadmill.
- Texted K for I was worried about him. Said we needed to talk. I call him from my cell phone; sounded terrible; needs a break; wants to put the past behind him and concentrate on his health. Will withdraw from Facebook for 150 days to give us both a respite.
- Submitted LATS timesheet
Thursday, 12/3/2015 –
- 11:30am – Kaiser Permanente Pinole appointment w/Dr. Deng. Blood tests, appt to meet with a therapist; tearful visit
- Paid $3227 for the Spring 2016 semester for R at College of the Redwoods
Wednesday, 12/2/2015 –
- K – 2 hour appt w/therapist Martha
Tuesday, 12/1/2015 –
- 5331 steps / 1.77 miles
- Pledge sent to Klaus